Wednesday 6 July 2011

The Strain


I've been talking about this a little on the Studio McVey forums, but I thought I would show the latest concept preview here (as well as the first two).

I am going to be at GenCon this year (August 4th to 7th) previewing the first Sedition Wars game - Battle for Alabaster. It's going to be a very early version of the rules, and the plan is to release them online for download and open up a section of the forums for people to give their feedback and get involved. We want to make sure that we are totally happy with the rules before we publish the finished game - the last thing we want to do it release rules that people don't like.

Sedition Wars - Battle for Alabaster is going to be a tile based board game, quick and bloody to play, and hopefully exciting and fun. It features a battle between the Colonial Vanguard and a totally new faction - The Strain. We'll be talking more about the Strain in the next few weeks in the run up to GenCon - they are a constantly evolving robotic nano virus who's only objective seems to be to replicate and spread across the galaxy.

The Phase one exoforms (shown below) are where the virus has colonised an already dead host, so the use of the vessel is limited to hunting down and infecting new hosts. The Phase two exoform is an early evolution of a living host - The Strain has started to re-purpose both cellular and non-organic material to evolve into a more useful and deadly form.

We'll be revealing what happens with the Phase three and Phase four exoforms in the next few weeks.

We are going to have a lot of previews during July - and then in early August we will have preview copies of the miniatures (in resin) available in the studio store, to coincide with the release of the alpha version of the rules.

cheers!

mike


3 comments:

Jeremy said...

Will there be a booth for Studio McVey? I'm assuming yes, but I guess the preview could occur through events as well.

Raven Abaddon Seah said...

Wow, just like that I've got a reason to get into Sedition Wars. Truly neat stuffs!

Frontline Gamer said...

Nice, I'll keep an eye out for it. I've been getting back into board games and been covering them more and more on my Blog. I'll look forward to getting my mitts on this.